General reasons for listing removal, listings being placed on hold, or minor changes made:
- Against policy
- Duplicate of another listing posted within the same category
- Only one Overberg Business Directory account per user is allowed. Creating multiple accounts for the sole purpose of duplicating listings are not permitted
- Posted under wrong category (you must choose the single most relevant category for your business listing)
- Not entering your contact details through the means provided by the sites (for example as part of an overlay, logo or watermark)
- Entering information in incorrect fields (you must use the fields provided), or not completing all the fields
- We only accept ads in English or Afrikaans
- Overberg Business Directory is only for local businesses within the locations provided
- No website links to other directory sites, and such other sites as we may deem to be inappropriate
- Removal of keywords that refer to competitive websites, or removal of brands in the case of keyword stuffing, i.e. brands that are not accurately descriptive or not related to the business listed.
- Strong call to actions in titles (Call me now!)
- Edit Typos, Edit/Remove duplicate keywords
- Inappropriate language
- Inappropriate photo / image
- Discriminatory on race / religion / nationality
- Selling body parts / bodily fluids, adoption or surrogacy anywhere on the site
- Overberg Classifieds reserves the right to remove any listing that we feel is not relevant, or of value to the Overberg Business Directory community, with or without notice.
In most cases we email you to let you know that we have had to remove your ad (and if possible provide your with an opportunity to resubmit). These emails sometimes get directed to junk folders so please look out for Overberg Business Directory emails. If your junk / spam settings are set at high, then Overberg Business Directory emails may not even be delivered to the spam / junk folder. You may wish to add Overberg Business Directory to your safe senders list if you have one.
If you have checked out all of these possibilities and none of them apply to your listing then please let us know by Contacting Support and we’ll be happy to help you out.